incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another cut at roles and responsibilities
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:23:53 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> I have also very much de-emphasised the role of the sponsor.  From what
> I've seen, the key role post acceptance is the Shepherd.  If the Sponsor
> wishes to become the shepherd, then they retain the responsibilities,
> otherwise they can move onto other things, having convinced an
> appropriate body in the ASF to take on the candidate.

Hmmm, I don't like the idea that sponsors can simply walk away in
incubation. It makes it easy to push for an idea and let others do the
hard work.

If someone doesn't want to do the work, then in my book he's not a
sponsor, as a sponsor gives something to get something, and in this case
he's just advocating.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -