incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 07:05:26 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> A word quite frequently used here is "community". Don't you think that
> the communities of jakarta, db, or xml are worth being kept? They would
> not even exist if anything were a top level project.

Even if all Jakarta projects get top-level (which I doubt), Jakarta as a
community can still remain. It is a place where Java developers can get
together on common issues. Jakarta doesn't have to dite, it just needs
to find it's own correct space, more about coordination ang getting
together rather than being held accountable for a miriad of projects
that it cannot possibly keep track of.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -