incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 06:56:43 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> I don't doubt it, and the proof ought to be in the ones that have already
> done so.  I do ask if the PMC doing anything to help encourage other
> projects to matriculate?

Last time I proposed that the Jakarta PMC asks some projects if they
wanted to go top-level it did not get a... well... good reception.

Jakarta is not a "push" PMC, it tends to work more like "pull"; it does
not really encourage projects to go on their own, but will support if
they ask for it first.

There is a "trick" though in making the projects ask for it: make
committers in Jakarta have all blanket CVS access. This way projects
that want to keep their "own" community must ask to go top level for it.

Dunno how the thing is going now though, I got tired of waiting for some
action and left the PMC.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -