incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: JaxMe as an implementation of JAXB
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:04:58 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:

> Nicola,
>
>> Section 4: identify the initial set of committers
>>
>> #  Jochen Wiedmann (JaxMe? project founder, formerly perl.apache.org)
>> # Robert Burrell Donkin (jakarta.apache.org/commons)
>
> With a couple of Apache old hands on board, perhaps the Incubator PMC
> can have a light steerage of this one.  Robert and Jochen (still an
> Apache committer?) can lend calm shepherding to this?  It is not as if
> this is a project founded from people entirely new to Apache. That with
> some small reporting obilgation to the Incubator PMC....
>
> Thoughts?

Good points.

Nevertheless AFAIK we still should appoint someone from the PMC looking
over that project, which means that we have the following options:

  1 - one of them that is willing to become part of this PMC
  2 - one of us becomes the "light/hands-off" shepherd

I'm more in favor of 1, is someone of those willing top be part of our team?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -