incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: JaxMe as an implementation of JAXB
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 11:29:02 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> +1
>
> Proviso :-
>
> CVS repos should be incubator prefixed not ws ..
> ws.apache.org  should be incubator.apache.org

Actually IIRC and IIUC, the last decision that has sprung up from the
"xmlbeans" incident was that if a project is already been voted for
entrance in another PMC, the resources would have been prefixed with the
future PMC's name from the start.

This is in contrast with my proposal which probably you refer to.
It has the rationale of reducing what seems to be percieved as
unnecessary work for our infrastructure. IE it seems to most that the
cost would outweigh the benefits.

So, since this project is going under ws.apache, it should have the ws
prefix right from the start.

This is what I gather was the last consensus on this matter. If there
are no objections, I will add this to our STATUS file. Else, we can have
a vote on it and decide on this one and for all.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -