incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject RE: Exit Criteria
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:48:43 GMT
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > You can call it the "anti-big-company" rule.
>
> Diversity is good on the grounds that (a) no one company can control the
> direction of an ASF project, and (b) the fate of one company doesn't dictate
> the fate of the project.

But also that the fate of the company doesn't depend on the fate of the
project. I can envision a company using this mechanism to get free labor
for their project, and then going under when the project doesn't do so
great. This would be a great shame, and would reflect rather badly on
everyone.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
There's more than one way to eat a rhesus