incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Another cut at roles and responsibilities
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 03:30:50 GMT
> Think of this entire process as the establishment of a set of imutable
> procedures that will protect us from the breakdown of their system.

Things don't work that way, Stephen.  People don't.  Especially the kind of
people who participate here.  This is not a community of bureaucrats.  As
underspecified as the process may have been, you are engaging in vast
overengineering.  We will do far, far better with a clear set of guidelines
that people can understand and are willing to implement, than a legal tome.

We have multiple parties to provide oversight, and means to correct
problems.  The Incubator PMC, Sponsor, other members, the podling itself,
the Community at large ... any one of them is capable of noticing and
raising an issue to be addressed.

That is the nice thing about a community of intelligent life forms.  You
don't have to program them.

	--- Noel