incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:47:03 GMT
> we need someone in the Incubator to *accept* being
> the official shepherd for the podling. We cannot accept
> a project into Incubator without someone with the
> Incubator watching over it.

That is a new criteria to me.  Hadn't heard that one before.  Personally, I
don't think that it scales.  In my opinion, the Incubator PMC ought to
operate analogously to the ASF Board.  Since the PMC, itself, most likely
has nothing to do with the project code, an ASF Member sponsoring the
project ought to fill an analogous role to the Incubator PMC that the
Project VP fills to the ASF Board.  In that way, the podling has to bring
that oversight resource with it.

	--- Noel