incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: RSS and Apache NEWS (Re: Why top level is good for you)
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 03:34:49 GMT
Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> Noel J. Bergman wrote
> > For example, what if we had an RSS aggregator and RSS feeds from
> > different projects? Or what if we had a portal site where people could
> > customize their view?

> Strongly agree. This is what I wanted to talk @ infrastructure
> mailing list.

> cf. http://nagoya.apache.org/poi/news/

POI News page is hit roughly a dozen times an hour, which is actually far
more often than I would have imagined.  I haven't looked to see how many of
those hits are from robots.  The ASF sites record hits at over 140K per
hour.  That is four orders of magnitude more than the POI News page.  So,
yes, we can talk about finding better ways to improve the experience, but
don't lose sight of the whole picture.  :-)

As far as the newsletter goes, the Wiki is capable of providing an RSS feed,
and I believe that is looking at RSS aggregation, which should help with
newsletter production.

	--- Noel