incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:03:18 GMT
> Those [projects] that have remained in Jakarta are because of strong
> desire to be there.  In particular, I remember a pretty strong reaction
> by Turbine when the suggestion was made that they should become a TLP.

> It took repeated attemps to get Ant to "matriculate".  And significant
> effort for Avalon.  James is the only project that I recall that did it
> of their own initiative.

That's interesting.  I am quite surprised, as you might expect considering
that we are the one project, apparently, that was quite willing to become a
TLP.  What are the reasons generally given for not matriculating?  Are they
afraid of losing something?  Or having too much additional work?  And is
this OK with the Board as a legal matter?  Aren't there legal issues related
to indemnification?

	--- Noel