incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] New Chair (Re: cvs commit : incubator STATUS)
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:39:01 GMT
> Mr. Ken Coar is rather HTTPD/ApacheCon oriented person.
> Mr. Nicola Ken Barozzi is rather Jakarta/XML/Cocoon oriented person.
> Mr. Paul Hammant is rather Jakarta/Avalon oriented person.

There are some cultural differences that ought to be discussed, understood,
and made use of, but I don't see that as a PMC Chair issue.

> I think that even though one of these three persons will have been
> elected as a PMC chair, the rest two should be recommended to become
> something special

Hmmm ... I am wondering if we have a cultural thing happening here.  Are you
seeing this as the Chair winning, and the others losing face?  Is that why
you want to make sure that they are recognized, too?

	--- Noel