incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] New Chair (Re: cvs commit : incubator STATUS)
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:38:59 GMT
> > I think that in Incubator, there need at least two or three
> > persons who have real power. (One Chair and two Vice Chair?)

I think we need people on the PMC who are doing the work, not expecting
Chairs and Vice Chairs to do things for them.  The people who work on the
PMC, and in the projects, are the ones with "real power" except in the legal
sense of binding the Foundation.  There are certain actions reserved for the
PMC Chair, but they are not part of the day-to-day operations.

The PMC Chair should not have to delegate.  That implies that the Chair has
tasks to do that need to be delegated.  The few tasks that the Chair needs
to do, it should do.  If things aren't getting done otherwise, it means that
people aren't pro-actively stepping up to do *their* job after volunteering
to help.

What the Incubator needs is a PMC rowing in the same direction, and a
scalable process for incubation.

	--- Noel