incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Official Apache Directory Project Proposal Submission
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:26:07 GMT
> you might also want to say something about this on
> general@db.apache.org as an LDAP is sort of a db =)

> A high-profile new project could help liven up DB some ;-)

I think that naming and directory services are sufficiently different from
an ODBMS or RDBMS.

DB might want to consider adopting Jakarta Commons DBCP.  That topic has
come up before, and didn't lack support.

There are some other candidates that the DB PMC could look into incubating
and adopting.  For example, http://axion.tigris.org/ is a rather obvious
candidate, especially considering the committer list (geir jvanzyl mpoeschl
rwald).

Firebird would be nice, but they seem more interested in selling memberships
in their foundation, which is completely incompatible with the ASF
meritocracy.

There there are ODBMS such as Ozone (wrong license, though).

	--- Noel