incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jagunet.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Chair (Re: cvs commit : incubator STATUS)
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:55:03 GMT
Can we all recall one big important thing: the PMC Chair's
role is not to "run the PMC" (as we normally use that
term). That is, in fact, the role of the PMC itself. The Chair
has ultimate authority and responsibility and is also the one
who reports to the board, but the power of the PMC is in the
PMC members themselves.

PMC members cannot just "sit back" and expect the Chair to
fully run the PMC. It's their responsibility to do that.
Think about the Incubator as a code-based PMC. Does anyone
expect that the Chair would write all the code and direct
the exact path of what that code would take?

See 6.3 of the bylaws if confused.