incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject PMC should be all active and accountable volunteers
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:47:30 GMT
> The fact that there needs to be a shepherd from the Incubator PMC is
> out of question.

No it isn't.  The fact that the incubator PMC has become an old-boys
club of absentees is a disgrace.  That isn't why we have PMCs.
That isn't what project management is about.  We have people who are
itching to work, or are working, on incubation and yet are looking
to us to make their own decisions.  That is damned ridiculous and
I have said so every time it has come up.  The people doing the work
are supposed to be making the decisions.

Make every volunteer (with enough experience to be a shepherd) part
of the PMC and there is no problem.  Maybe then they will understand
that moving through incubator is as simple as editing a STATUS file!

....Roy