incubator-general mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:14:46 GMT
On 24/09/2003, at 10:54, Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 23, 2003 11:26 PM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>
>> I put up a Wiki page for it here:
>> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/
>> apachewiki.cgi?IncubatorReleaseManagement
>>
>> From the Wiki page:
>
> "This means that Projects under Incubation cannot release, and cannot
> do
> it using the Apache mirroring rules.

Sorry for jumping in so late...

...but the last part about restricting mirror usage seems a bit strong
to me.
IMO the 'Incubatee' should be encouraged and trained to use our
mirroring
system appropriately.

If the release is clearly marked as being incubated and it's a public
release
(for a definition see apache.org/dev/mirrors.html), I don't see any
issues in
permitting the podling to use the mirrors.

The only downside of which I can think of at the moment is if
incubation fails
and the project vanishes (?, at least from the ASF), the mirrored
releases
would be kept on archives.apache.org. We'd then have to manually remove
them or perhaps we could just keep them there as a part of our history.

hmm, I'm wondering if a apache.org/dist/incubator/ directory would do
any
good here?

Cheers,
Erik