incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: Official Apache Directory Project Proposal Submission
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:54:26 GMT
I wasn't so much looking for projects to put under the DB wing, but
thinking of people who might be interested in LDAPd. An LDAP most
definately is *not* an RDBMS, but it is a protocol for accessing
hierarchical databases. After filesystems and DNS, ldap's are probably
the most widely used hierarchical databases around.

I for one would be more than happy to contribute LDAPd, particularly if
said alternative is Java embedable.

So, if it comes to a vote and I am allowed to vote, it has my +1.

-Brian