incubator-general mailing list archives

From "David Remy" <dr...@bea.com>
Subject XMLBeans website
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:10:03 GMT
I am getting close to having a revised XMLBeans website using Forrest ready for publication.
 I have a few questions that I am hoping someone will know about.

1) I am thinking of having the website as a top level directory under xml-xmlbeans in cvs
(a peer to v1 and soon v2).  It looks like other projects have their website in their source
tree, is that common practice?

2) Given the above, I am able to generate the website using forrest and it creates the build
directory containing the published website on my machine.  What is the strategy for getting
the website generated into xml.apache.org/xmlbeans?  Do I just copy the build directory somewhere
or is there a more elegant way?  Is there an automated way to have the website generated from
the Forrest source?  That is what ForrestBot is for, right?  I'm not clear on how to set that
up.

3) There is some nice html formatted documentation that would be great to have integrated
with the site.  Does anyone know if there is a way to have Forrest integrate html pages into
the Forrest site build?  Or at least a good way for them to co-exist?

thanks for any help here!
rem