incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incubator, exit and publication
Date Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:04:21 GMT

robert burrell donkin wrote:

> (sorry stephen i should have probably been clearer.)
>
> i was looking for an official(ish) statement from roy or one of the
> other senior (board level) ASF folks.
>
> (i'm happy to take active steps to ensure that ASF policy is enforced
> by the jakarta pmc - and any other project's i'm involved with - but
> only if i'm confident that i understand completely the policy and know
> that the policy comes from the ASF.)

It has been probaly more than a year since I read the board minutes
concerning the chartering of the Jakarta PMC. From memory is much that
same content as recent PMC charters in that the Jakarta PMC is charged
with responsibility for setting its own policies and procedures. As
such, the starting point in understanding the applicable procedures is
the qualification of which policies and procedures have been formally
(or informally) established by the Jakarta PMC.

 From that point you have an idea what it is that you aim to enforce.

Stephen.