incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2003 02:53:43 GMT

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>My own theory is that this entire discussion is exceeding the bounds of
>>duristiction of the Incubator PMC.
>>

>why?

The incubator has a scope concerning "incubation".  I hope the incubator
aims to to provide the role of gatekeeper together with a support
infrasture the accelerate the sucessful exit of incubated projects.
Within the objective and scope, opinions have been put forward
concerning the process of incubation focussed rightly on the subject of
incubation.  However - the discussion concerning the publication of
artifacts moves us out of the domain of incubation and into the domain
of managing a incubated project.  This is in my opinion a fault - it is
a subject that is the concern of the incubated project - not the incubator.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org