incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: incubator, exit and publication
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:40:23 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> This means that, legally speaking, the Incubator can decide to do
> releases and then remove a project, as also can be done with other
> projects. Nothing is immutable, again legally speaking.

+1 - so releases are permitted (with caveats of course).

> 2 the incubator votes positively and it becomes part of the
>   Apache Incubator Project
> [now the project *is* part of the ASF, but not part of the projects that
> the ASF has committed to maintain in the long run]

+1.

> - *Any* project at Apache can vote for another project to become part
>   of the Incubator PMC.
> - The Incubator PMC alone can vote for projects to move to another
>   location in the ASF.

I agree - provided (and I think this is a no-brainer :>) :

- The board can vote for projects to move to another location in the
ASF.  This is needed to provide a path for short-circuiting
disagreements in the - highly unlikely - event of straight out head to
head arguments.

Cheers,
	Berin