incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incubator, exit and publication
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 08:03:39 GMT

Roy T. Fielding wrote:

>> Ok - going with Apache tradition - its not the PMC that makes the
>> decision of a *release*.
>

> BZZZT.  According to the bylaws, the only people authorized to make
> decisions
> on behalf of the ASF (including the decision to release code to the
> general
> public) are officers or the PMC responsible for the project.  All other
> votes are to be ignored or considered advisory only, and no I don't care
> how long some of our umbrella projects have been ignoring that fact.

:-)

so what we have is

* committers voting on releases
* PMCs endorcing that decision by a vote to publish

At the end of the day we need to address the issue of wht rights the
Incubator PMC has to endorce the publication of an artifact generated by
a project prior to the exit of said project from the incubator.
Publication by a Sponoring Entiry is a different subject - but
publication by the Incubator is a loaded question.

Stephen.

> ....Roy

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org