incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 07:05:44 GMT

Berin Lautenbach wrote:

>So what's the final verdict on releases?

I'm wondering about this myself.

My own theory is that this entire discussion is exceeding the bounds of
duristiction of the Incubator PMC.   I.e. IMVVHO if the incubated
project wants to publish an artifact it needs to do one of two things:

(a) publish under a non-ASF license, or
(b) exit the incubator one way or another, and if arriving in Apache, then
    initiate publishing under an appropriate (non-Incubator) PMC directive,
    or, its not in Apache and its not our problem

Does the Incubator PMC have an formal opinion on this subject?

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org