incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject incubator, exit and publication
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:54:29 GMT

I'm been following the messages concerning exit criteria and releases
and I see a conflict.  If a project is under incubation, then it is not
accepted into Apache and therfore the content that is generating is
simply content under observation - not Apache content.  As such, how can
a such a project release any content under an Apache license  and
presume the endorcement and protection of the ASF?  My personal
conclusion is that anything under incubation cannot do anything in
relationship to Apache concerning publication, and that the Incubator
PMC would be at fault if it were to endorce the publication of any
artifact related to an incubated project.

Can anyone explain to me the error implied by these assumptions?

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org