incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Suggestions for Next Steps
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:21:11 GMT
Peoples,

I think in Incubator Musings we have a good first cut at a "process
description" for Incubation.  This is a non-normative reference that I
think could be put on the web site, subject to everyone being
comfortable with the contents.

On top of that, we need to try to put a concrete plan together around
developing the actual policy documentation (i.e. normative reference).
This would be based on the process description above, but would be more
precise.

So the following is a suggested way forward, placed here to start an
argumen^H^H^H^H^H^H^H so we can reach a consensus :>.  Treat as a stake
in the ground and tear to shreds.

1.  Create a forrest xml source for the Incubation Musings and place
onto web site.  This will require an OK from who?  (PMC?)

If people are comfortable I will do the conversion and send to this list
as a patch.

2.  Create a table of contents for the policy reference document.  This
can be started on Wiki (and I will do a first cut over the next few
days), but I think we are getting to a point where this stuff should be
going into CVS somewhere so we can start tracking more formally.
Probably the first thing in the policy reference should be rules for
modifying the policy. :>.

Is there a module where the policy documentation can go?  Maybe create
an "incubator-policy" module (or is this overkill?)  I do not believe it
is incubator-site, as you might want to restrict access to policy more
than site docs (which are editable by all projects in incubation I
think?), but I leave to you guys.

My thinking is that all mods would be done in CVS after agreement on
this list (or another - see below).  Every now and then, at an agreed
time, we would tag the CVS as a defined version and publish to the web site.

3.  Do we want to create an "incubator-policy" list so that only those
who want to need to see the detailed arguments.  I'm actually for this,
as I can see this getting fairly detailed at times, which is not what a
"general@" list is supposed to be for.  Happy to be shouted down though.

4.  The draft charter for the incubator project should be updated to
reflect the thoughts of the last few days.  I think this should also at
some point soon go into CVS so that it can be tracked, leading at some
point in the short to medium term to a vote by the PMC.

Cheers,
	Berin