incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:46:15 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>>> For example, for Lenya I'm wondering if Cocoon is the right place for
>>> them, as I've not seen much involvment. I'll wait and see, but for
>>> now I would not vote for exit as there is not much integration.
>> As a member of the Cocoon, or Incubator PMC?
> Is there a difference?

Naah - it was just a rhetorical question. ;-)

I agree with you on Lenya's situation. See my remark on functional vs
technological projects. I guess the same would happen if we start
incubating a PetShop, WikiEngine, EAI tool and whatnot. The problem is
that functional use-cases and business customer requirements are hard to
fit into a design that appeals to framework and tools geeks, since they
are bound to have a different view on the design of such apps, partly
due to the NIH-syndrome, but also because business customer-facing
design decisions are largely arbitrary.

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at