incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Another cut at roles and responsibilities
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:48:08 GMT

On 9/23/2003 5:31 AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> There is only one point that I have different in my mind and that is
> IIUC addressed there.
>
> It's about having an "elder" shepherd mentoring the main shepherd, and
> possibly requiring at least two people helping in Incubation.

I think that there are situations where having an "elder" shepherd may
be useful, but I would make it optional rather than mandatory.  Remember
that shepherds are ASF Officers or ASF Members here.  These folks are
supposed to have a clue about the ethos of the ASF.  Once we have a
clear checklist of entry and exit criteria, I think that people will be
able to find their way.   JMHO.

Ted