incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:39:57 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> If a project cannot work well with the Sponsor PMC it's a failure, the
> Incubator will not agree to make it go. It may decide to swith targets,
> but imposing a project on non-willing PMC is simply out of question.

OK - good. Mind you that I don't intend this to be a critique to the
podling, I'm rather trying to prevent what happened to Jakarta in the
past: many disconnected subprojects under an umbrella PMC with little
community glue in-between them.

> It's part of judging if the Incubation is succesfull.
> For example, for Lenya I'm wondering if Cocoon is the right place for
> them, as I've not seen much involvment. I'll wait and see, but for now I
> would not vote for exit as there is not much integration.

As a member of the Cocoon, or Incubator PMC?

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

To unsubscribe, e-mail: