incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: Another cut at roles and responsibilities
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:29:06 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> An incubation needs someone that actively nutrures the community, pushes
> the agenda and reports to the PMC of which he is part.
> I call him the sponsor.
>
> We also need someone that is knowlegable of how the Incubator works and
> that reports to the Incubator PMC.
> I call him the shepherd.

Would be great if you could have a read through the new version of

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?IncubatorMussings

I'm hoping that it is something that will work.  I've actually got it
such that the Shepherd reports to both.  The Sponsor is someone who
helps out everywhere, but has no *formal* responsibility.

Otherwise there are a whole lot of people formally responsibly for a
whole lot of things and it could get messy.

Cheers,
	Berin