incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: Exit Criteria
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:05:58 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Do I read you correct in saying that the receiving PMC has no chance
> anymore to declare an incubation failed, if the Incubator PMC says the
> contrary? In that case (and I hope I'm wrong), why is the receiving PMC
> involved then?

I've put something slightly different into the IncubatorMussings
document.  I've said that the Incubator PMC *recommends* to the
Sponsoring Entity (the receiving PMC) that something has completed,
needs to continue or fails.

So it would then be up to the Sponsoring Entity to make a determination
on its own exit criteria (i.e. does it need to re-vote).

In the case of something like Geronimo the Sponsoring Entity *has* to
vote.  A new TLP can only be created by a vote of the board.

Cheers,
	Berin