incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Another cut at roles and responsibilities
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 05:38:10 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>>Once I got past some of your phrasing, which I consider somewhat
>>>injudiciously selected considering your likely audience,
>>>

>>Hang on a tick - I have to look this one up!
>>

>LOL
>
>Well, for a start, referring to every decision making body as dysfunctional
>wasn't the wisest course of action in my view.  :-)

Well, I thought about this.  I could have gone for the Presidency, but I
decided that at the end of the day there are more than a couple of pots
to be stirred here in Apache for the benefit of Apache.

So,.. irrespective of my political agenda, please take in a account the
evidence of my diplomatic nature - namely the qualification of
dysfunctional relative to "actionable criteria".

>Your point that things
>work better if after a consensus is reached, responsibility is vested in
>individuals is valid, but too easily lost in the response that people have
>to the expression.  And yes, I realize that you didn't quite say it that
>way, but when people react reflexively, it is a difference without a
>distinction.

There is a value to be gained in the assessment of what is a reflexive
as distinct from a consider response. That assessment is something that
rests with the recipient and will be judged in the fullness of time.  In
the meantime (i.e. today), and with full respect for everyone involved
(with the exception of any Japaneses individuals carrying umbrellas),
and with full consideration for the implication of the actions currently
in place, I hope that the policies, procedures, responsibilities, and
ultimate accountabilities, will have a tangible and net-positive impact
on the overall development of the Apache Community.

Cheers Steve.

>	--- Noel

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org