incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <>
Subject Re: Another cut at roles and responsibilities
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 02:21:40 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>If we ever sit down in some hypothetical cafe, remind me to have a talk with
>you about how to present an argument for best effect.  :-)
>Once I got past some of your phrasing, which I consider somewhat
>injudiciously selected considering your likely audience,

Hang on a tick - I have to look this one up!
 WorldNet Dictionary:
 Definition:   [adv]  in an injudicious manner; "these intelligence
tests were used
 injudiciously for many years"
 Antonyms:   judiciously

Zut .. we are looking for the inverse defintion!

  Webster's 1913 Dictionary
  Definition:   \Ju*di"cious*ly\, adv.
  In a judicious manner; with good judgment; wisely.

Oh no - without good judjement or wisdom.
Finally it all falls into place!

>it occurred to me
>that although you say that you disagree with Berin, you end up saying
>largely the same thing that Berin did.  As Berin just said to you, it seemed
>to him that you "might be violently agreeing", despite your starting your
>argument with "I'm going to disagree with you!"

I think that Berin and I are aiming at the same objective and have very
similar motives.  I happen to think that we can leverage and utilize the
contribution of Berin's process by analysing his concers and underlying
interests and drawing from that the essence that is intrinsically
important to policy, while preserving, and maintain the liberty he is
persuing.  I remain confident that Berin will be more than happy to
share a XXXX, Fosters, Southark (?), Redback, or (that other one that I
cannot remember) should the opportunity arise.

Cheers, Steve.

Stephen J. McConnell

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: