incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Another cut at roles and responsibilities
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:19:09 GMT
Peoples,

I have taken Stephen's page and attempted to integrate my understanding
of the concept of a Sponsoring Entity (e.g. XML project in the case of
XMLBeans).

This is all based on what I have seen during the course of the XMLBeans
incubation startup.

Apologies for term *Sponsoring Entity*.  I couldn't come up with
anything better on the spot.

I have also very much de-emphasised the role of the sponsor.  From what
I've seen, the key role post acceptance is the Shepherd.  If the Sponsor
wishes to become the shepherd, then they retain the responsibilities,
otherwise they can move onto other things, having convinced an
appropriate body in the ASF to take on the candidate.

Peoples - I am very happy to back these changes out, but I wanted to put
continue the approach of having something concrete in place to help the
discussion along.

Cheers,
	Berin