incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:52:00 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Steven, sorry that I probably gave the wrong impression that you were
> not involved, as you were.

No problem. Just wanted to put things straight. No hard feelings.

> But you are not the Cocoon PMC, and I wanted
> to point out that there was not much incolvment of the PMC as a whole
> WRT Lenya.

Ack. There is indeed little involvement, and IMHO this has two reasons:

- this project has been force-fed to Apache/Cocoon prematurily, by lust
of its sponsors to achieve a certain functional dream, but not taking
into account the existing codebase and the company(/community) behind it
- Cocoon as a TLP isn't quite ready to incubate podlings yet

Lenya, IMHO (!), is an example of my lab rats thesis:
http://blogs.cocoondev.org/stevenn/archives/000550.html

But this is largely OT for this thread. I'm concerned about a
well-defined process and exit criteria, though, since somewhere in time,
we will be expected to judge the incubation state of Lenya.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org