incubator-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:52:00 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Steven, sorry that I probably gave the wrong impression that you were
> not involved, as you were.

No problem. Just wanted to put things straight. No hard feelings.

> But you are not the Cocoon PMC, and I wanted
> to point out that there was not much incolvment of the PMC as a whole
> WRT Lenya.

Ack. There is indeed little involvement, and IMHO this has two reasons:

- this project has been force-fed to Apache/Cocoon prematurily, by lust
of its sponsors to achieve a certain functional dream, but not taking
into account the existing codebase and the company(/community) behind it
- Cocoon as a TLP isn't quite ready to incubate podlings yet

Lenya, IMHO (!), is an example of my lab rats thesis:

But this is largely OT for this thread. I'm concerned about a
well-defined process and exit criteria, though, since somewhere in time,
we will be expected to judge the incubation state of Lenya.

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

To unsubscribe, e-mail: