incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: ASF member role - accountable to whom
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:53:07 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> I'll "knock it off" when there are a sufficiently complete set of
> policies and procedures in place (i.e. documented and adopted) such that
> the need for Member status is clearly identified as the legal aspect of
> representation of the Foundation (and/or any other quantifiable and
> accountable attribute this forum sees fit to attribute).

that's a reasonable goal.  claiming 'the self-perpetuating members
club strikes again' is not only unreasonable and completely irrelevant,
but insulting as well.  *that* is the part i want you to stop.  it
contributes nothing afaics, and is in fact destructive.

> With such a framework in place the necessity for particular "Members" to
> discriminate between Member versus non-Member as a justification for the
> decision on policy simply disappears.  So lets "knock it off" with the
> "knock it off" and focus instead on getting roles, responsibilities and
> ultimate accountability of the Incubator in place.

that has been my focus all along, except when i have been drawn into
side issues by your handwaving.

> How about you?

how about me what?  i've been contributing, defending, suggesting,
and considering the issues all along.  at this point i refuse to
be sucked any further into one of your confusions.
--
#ken	P-(}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"