incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject roles and responsibilities
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 19:16:35 GMT

I have prepared a new page based on the oringal content that
Berin prepared. Here is a summary of the things I changed/added:

1. cleanup of the descriptions and terminaolgy
   (product/project/sub-project) etc.
2. simplification of the description of the pmc
   (complemented with addition process content)
3. sharpending the description of the scope of
   responsibility of the PMC chair
4. introduction of the notion of sponsor
5. harmonize content so that sponsor and shephard are
   complementary
6. introductory description of the process end-to-end
7. breakout of all roles in an equivalent format with
   identified responsibilities

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?IncubatorMussings

I would appreciated any feedback concerning content and suggestions on
how we could proceed with migrating this to a structured set of policies
and procedures that could be adopted by the Incubator PMC.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org