incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 17:40:23 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Phil:
> Greg posted a message back on the 18th noting that a PMC vote on the
> entry of the project to the incubator would be kicked off under the
> private pmc@incubator list.  I don't know the specifics of Incubator
> voting policies but I guessing we will see a vote result early next week.
> Stephen.

I saw that.  Nonetheless, I still find it odd that there has been
virtually no "public" discussion of the merits of the proposal and I
felt the need to express my opinion.  No disrespect for the process, de
facto or documented, intended.

I would humbly suggest that there is no harm in public discussion of
incubator project proposals, understanding that the voting is private,
by the PMC. Public discussion and nonbinding statements of
support/non-support by non-PMC members could provide valuable
information to the PMC in their decision-making.

If others disagree, I would appreciate being (gently) enlightened on
this point.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message