incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: ASF member role - accountable to whom
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:31:03 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>>It would be really helpful if this page were included in the Home menu
>>on the Incuabator web site.  Also helpful would be the inclusion of the
>>first link (roles and responsibilities) on the page concerning the
>>incubation process.
>

> the wiki pages are not authoritative; they're for developing.  at
> least that's how i see them, since anyone in the world can change them.
> and the roles and responsibilities are still under development and
> discussion.

That's why they were put in Wiki initially - but at the same time it
would be great to focus some of the discussion that has gone on in the
past few days into words into these pages so that they can be moved over
to the site.

I keep harping on this - I would *love* to see a charter for the
Incubator.  Again, if there is going to be so much discussion, then
focussing it on a document that eventually gets voted on captures things
so that we can keep from going over the same ground.  I don't mind good
discussion, but I do mind seeing the same ground being gone over every
three months because we don't document the common ground.

There is a stake-in-the ground there.  I can re-write it from scratch if
its wrong!  You have a willing volunteer here to document some of this
stuff and get it to a point that everyone agrees on.  Use him :>.

Cheers,
	Berin