incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF member role - accountable to whom
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 21:17:05 GMT

Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

>>For example, if a Member undertakes such a
>>resonsibility, to whom is the member responsible and what would be the
>>scope of such a responsibility?
>>

>to the podling and the incubator pmc, to see that everything gets
>done and done properly.  similarly to the foundation, with the additional
>responsibility of only sponsoring a podling which, in the member's
>judgement, will be an asset to the asf.

 From this I can draw the following conclusion:

   A Member, acting in the capacity of a sponsor of a podling,
   has certain responsibilities towards the podling and the
   Incubator PMC.

Here is an initial attempt to detail said "certain responsibilities":

   Responsibilities of a Members towards the podling

   * to liase between Apache Administration and podling
     on matters concerning CLA submission and aknowledgement

   * to liase between Apache Administration and podling
     on matters concerning infrastructre suport (mailing
     lists, CVS, account establishment, etc.)

   * to assist the podling on matters concerning the
     resolution of license transfers, copyright assignments,
     and/or software grants where applicable

   * to provide where as as appropriate, guidance on matters
     concerning Apache policies and practices, including the
     establishment of its internal steering committee

   Responsibilities of a Members towards the Incubator PMC

   * to notify the PMC of the completion of CLA submissions

   * to provide updates to the PMC on the status of license
     grants (where and as appropriate)

   * to provide on request the PMC a summary of the progress
     and status of a podling (including recommendations for
     continuation, termination, or exit of a podling from the
     incubation process)

Are there any Sponsor reponsibilities that I am missing here?

What I am aiming at is a summary of everything a Member should be aware
of when accepting the role of Sponsor, the set of responsibilitiues that
a podling can expect to be provided by the Sponsor, and the expectations
from the PMC towards the Sponsor.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell