incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: ASF member role - accountable to whom
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:15:02 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> The words "the sponsor should take responsibility" is something I agree
> with and is the first tangible link to a rationale between sponsor and
> Member that I have seen so far.

then i think we have been having a significant disconnect.  i think the
link has been very clearly identified.

> For example, if a Member undertakes such a
> resonsibility, to whom is the member responsible and what would be the
> scope of such a responsibility?

to the podling and the incubator pmc, to see that everything gets
done and done properly.  similarly to the foundation, with the additional
responsibility of only sponsoring a podling which, in the member's
judgement, will be an asset to the asf.

> p.s. Please keep in mind that I looking at this in terms of documeted
> incubation procedures

which are not fully crystallised yet.

> - not in terms of a specific projects, Members, or non-Members.

then i'll expect to hear no more from you about 'discrimination against
non-members.'
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"