incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF member role - accountable to whom
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 12:51:20 GMT

>> ... and, to whom is the ASF Member accountable?
>>

>In all contexts, to himself/herself, but if you mean in terms of ASF related
>behavior, that would be governed by our Bylaws and policies.  To imply that
>ASF Members are not accountable would be a horrid stretch.

I am specific asking this in the context of the incubator policies.  If
I understand correctly, the policies require project sponsorship by a
member and from what member only sheparding. While parhaps with best
intent - it is excluding non-members from sponsorship and sheparding of
new projects.  Given a policy that equates to an exclusion of Apache
contributors - they needs to be some form of accountability by members
towards non-members on matters concerning incubation.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org