incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <...@ispsoft.de>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:08:49 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Even if all Jakarta projects get top-level (which I doubt), Jakarta as a
> community can still remain. It is a place where Java developers can get
> together on common issues. Jakarta doesn't have to dite, it just needs
> to find it's own correct space, more about coordination ang getting
> together rather than being held accountable for a miriad of projects
> that it cannot possibly keep track of.

No doubt. But do you think, the same community could be *established*
between, say, alexandria.apache.org, bcel.apache.org, bsf.apache.org,
cactus.apache.org, ...?

I know, I am exaggerating. Just for illustration. But: My impression is
written on the emails on this list, which I have read in the past few days.
About four or five new proposals, each of them expressing their wish "to
become a TLP".  Today eight or ten current subprojects proposed for TLP.

Jochen