incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject ASF member role - accountable to whom
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 00:43:25 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>ASF Member status continues to maintain a certain club quality
>>within which privaliges ebb-and-flow toi sute the moment).
>>

>Huh?

I want you to think of two societies (a) a small society that
establishes a board which creates the notion of membership by invitation
which influences the evolution of Apache via the incubator, as opposed
to (b) a broader and more open society the elects members that are
charged with and accountable to its electorate community for the
evolution of Apache via the incubator.

Which of these two views do you subscribe to?
  ... and, to whom is the ASF Member accountable?

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org