incubator-general mailing list archives

From Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>
Subject Re: XNode 1.1 API submission
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:38:42 GMT
Murray Altheim wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is a proposal for a metadata API for use in Xindice, though it can
> be used more generally for adding an XML metadata wrapper around an XML
> node. In short, it's SOAP-like, but *actually* simple.
>
> Brian suggested I join this list and make the proposal here. I've
> included
> my initial message below, unedited. (I've still not heard at all from
> Sun.)
>
> Anyway, I'm wondering what is the easiest, lowest-pain way to approach
> getting XNode 1.1 submitted to the Apache project. I'm under no IPR
> commitments at the Open University (I checked), so I can freely fill
> out whatever forms are necessary. If people want it, I can post the
> API javadocs or send them to interested parties. It's pretty small,
> 7 files, 9K compressed.

hi Murray,

please send it to me - if it is open source send me also source code or
pointer where it is available (or previous version is available).

i think have similar API - one of its goal is also to make processing of
SOAP headers described as infoset much easier - the API is translating
XML Infoset constructs into Java interfaces (like XmlElement) and is
available as part of MXP1/XPP3 (it as open source ).

i would like to better understand what problem you solve and how
approaches are different.

thanks,

alek

> Thanks,

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. —Mario Andretti