incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:47:46 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote:

> Sander Striker wrote:

I agree with Sam. It makes no sense that a new TLP is created for a
project that may even fail incubation.

BTW, we also have AltRMI and FTPServer in Incubation and yet no exit
defined.

> I have similar reservations about prior approval by target projects as a
> prerequisite for acceptance by the incubator.

It is not, in fact.

The rule is simple: a PMC has to vote that it wants that project.

The PMC can be the Incubator itself, or another PMC. In the latter case,
the Incubator PMC does not need to vote, and operates to help the other
PMC in incubation.

In this case, the vote is needed by the Incubator PMC as this project
aims to a new PMC.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -