incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Vote to incubate Directory Project
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 19:07:34 GMT

On 9/18/2003 4:46 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 08:16  PM, Greg Stein wrote:
>> See my previous post. The Incubator itself can accept projects, if it so
>> chooses. The project can then sit in the Incubator as long as the
>> Incubator wants to allow it. But for exit, it will need *some* PMC to
>> accept it, or for the Board to agree to creating a new PMC for it.
> Plus, we need someone in the Incubator to *accept* being
> the official shepherd for the podling. We cannot accept
> a project into Incubator without someone with the Incubator
> watching over it.

What about a case like me, where I'm a member shepherding XMLBeans on
behalf of the XML PMC?  How do I fit into the incubator?  Am I just an
incubator committer, am I part of the PMC?  It's a little confusing.  I
completely agree that someone has to be the go-to person for a podling.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message