incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: proposal: eliminate unix group incubator
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:05:49 GMT
There have been no objections, so I would appreciate it if we could
get rid of the incubator unix group in favor of apcvs for everything
except the incubator-core repository:

ssh cvs.apache.org

     cd /home/cvs
     chgrp -R apcvs incubator incubator-altrmi incubator-ftpserver \
                    incubator-geronimo incubator-site
     find incubator-site -type f -print | xargs chmod 444

     cd /www/incubator.apache.org
     chgrp -R apcvs .
     find . -type f -print | xargs chmod 664

[the find is needed because people committed with wrong permissions].

The reason for doing this is to cut down on the number of people
needing to wait for root group changes as they shift in and out
of incubation status.  Only the incubator PMC needs to be in the
incubator unix group.

....Roy

Begin forwarded message: