incubator-general mailing list archives

From <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Re: Status of Directory incubation proposal?
Date Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
> > Speaking of which ... what is the status of looking at incubation for the
> > Directory project?  My personal guess is that it got lost in the talk about
> > incubating the incubator.
>
> :-)
>
> > What needs be done to move that forward?  :-)
>
> personally, i think it should be considered accepted.  has a tlp been
> identified as sponsor, or will it be heading for its own tlpship?

Great news Ken thanks for the heads up.  The directory project would be heading for tlpship
which shall include everything under the directory and naming umbrella.  Please note that
the project will be language agnostic, possibly having clients and servers written in C/C++/C#/Java
etcetera: there are not limitations here.

I will prepare the software grant and ask the LDAPd team members to submit/fax their contributor
license agreements.

Is the incubator team is ready for that or is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks,
Alex