incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: roles and responsibilities
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:55:27 GMT

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 08:39:20 -0400
(Subject: Re: roles and responsibilities)
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> wrote:

> >   2) isn't the incubation more an oversight group, a task force, then a
> > project?
> you seem to be harking back to 'projects produce code'.  i disagree with
> that perspective; 'projects produce goodness for the asf' might be closer.
> in this case, the incubator would be producing good asf citizens (projects
> and communities).

Agreed with Ken. If we (ahh... you, ASF members! :-) would
think of the creation of "i18n.apache.org" or "document.apache.org",
(i18n TLP / Documentation TLP), 'projects produce code' principle
could be an obstacle (spoiling).

For example, "internationalization" project can spring a good
and really healthy community, I guess. Unfortunately, I am not an
ASF member, so I would not be able to "incubate" such a top level
project, needless to say :)

--

However, stop worrying about it. I have already lost the itch
of the creation of i18n/doc projects. Life is not too long,

Again, thank you all!

Regards,

__ Tetsuya <tetsuya@apache.org> __

P.S. 1,000th anniversary posts to apache.org MLs :) .. participation
style would be changed as a matter of course.