incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF member role - accountable to whom
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:25:23 GMT

On Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:30:37 +0200
(Subject: RE: ASF member role - accountable to whom)
"Sander Striker" <striker@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]

<OffTopic>
I took the word "meritocracy" rather as "eliticism" ... maybe ...
"eliticism" can easily be tied to and associated with the "bureaucratism"
(Since the country, Japan, is now suffering this prickly disease ...
and still struggling against this ... need structural reforms)
I worried the bureaucratization of the ASF ... probably. Metabolism
(replace the old with the new) is the best way to avoid the
bureaucratization.
</OffTopic>

Okay, as you mentioned, "inactiveness deserves a definition".
I hope the membership of the ASF would be fair and disinterested
enough to attract those who are the ASF committers (like me) and
contributors.

Thanks,
Really appreciate your comments, Sander!

__ Tetsuya <tetsuya@apache.org> __